Wednesday, October 12, 2011

[English Translation] Kim Kyu Jong Interview with Star MK [Part 2]


Kim Kyu Jong “Ever considered quit being an artist” 

SS501 put a temporary stop to their group activities since their last stage together on the 13th June 2010 Newton TV showcase. After which Kim Hyun Joong, Kim Hyung Jun and Park Jung Min, these 3 members signed up with new agencies, leaving Kim Kyu Jong and Heo Young Saeng who did not find an agency easily. This caused much worries amongst fans until they subsequently signed up with B2M Entertainment and had a series of successful Asia Tour fan. But the wait for more than a year is indeed a long wait for his fans.

So what had happened to the Center of SS501 who had become a mysterious character during this long absence?
“Ever considered quitting, hence had no desire to go on”

What was done during the long rest? Seems like a long long rest..

"When our contracts expired, following the settlement of fellow members, I did consider quitting. I was seriously considering this option. It was my dream since I was young, to become an idol singer, and that has been fulfilled. I spent a good 5 years time in a good place, receiving good treatments. At the same time, there were many people whom I thought was bad because of misunderstanding and also a lot of occasion where I thought they are good people but turned out to be otherwise. I was hurt many times. Hence I thought of quitting, returning to my hometown and start something new with my friends or go back to school. At that time, the people whom I am working with now, hold on to me. A couple of composer hyungs whom I’m close with, taught me ways to have fun working, they even bought me musical equipments, and gave me lots of good advices. As such, I made music, learned to draw and 4 months passed quickly. "

Almost starred in dramas during your rest?

"I received proposals for ‘Mary is Staying Out’ and ‘Secret Garden’ at the same time. Seems like in ‘Mary is Staying Out’, the role of a member of a band suits me exceptionally well. But I do not have any regrets. Well of course, when would I ever have the chance to star along with Hyun Bin and Ha JiWon. Ha Ha. Really wished to meet them and was very excited but I felt I was lacking in many areas then. If I had taken up the drama then, the success of the drama would make me feel like it is my success. Then others will have the impression ‘So you are this kind of person’. "

People around you were impatient about the long absence

"I’m really fine but fans were really worried .Many even called the company asking ‘What exactly is Kim KyuJong doing’. Ha Ha."


“Recharging as much as I have rested, now it is time to charge forward. All aside. Now.”

Did you recover your confidence during your rest?

"I overcame my fears from my involvement in Goong. I also went for some drama auditions for the experience of it, but it still felt like my heart was about to burst when I read the scripts." 

How are things now?

"I’m not nervous now. For this album performance, I only felt slight nervousness for my debut stage on Mcountdown. After starring in Goong, I have developed such thinking “ah, can’t bother, just do according to what I think it should be”. In the past I had always been burdened by the thoughts of “Is this the correct answer, if I do this, what if others do not like what I have done?”.

Hope to be looking forward to the upcoming drama that you are casted in. (Kim KyuJong has been casted in TV ChoSeon’s drama ‘Saving Madame Go BongShil)

"Truthfully, I am relieved that my role is not a comparatively huge one. However it’s my first drama, so I want to do well for it. My parts should be starting from episodes 7-8 onwards and will be on one scene each time. My role is a chic city guy who dreams to be a musical actor.
“Wants to let the public knows that I, am Kim Kyu Jong.” 


Actually looking at KyuJong, we think that he seems to lack of self-confidence. Have you ever been pushed over by fans?

"It was very severe. Ever since our debut, in fact we heard many times from fans that Young Saeng hyung and I should be excluded from the group before the group can succeed. I also received a lot of letters too. I drank a lot with YoungSaeng hyung back then. (laughs) Both of us chatted over drink and talked about everything and anything, and said ‘next time we must laugh while talking about this day’, and those days, we had our concert in Tokyo. At the ending of the concert, we sang “Wings of the World” and both of us burst out crying. At that time, members held on tightly to me and gave me lots of strength."


It is a fact that the public’s awareness of entertainer Kim Kyu Jong is not high

"I want to let the public know about me now. Even when I take taxi, the taxi driver would only repeatedly say that they’ve seen me somewhere before. Even if I tell them the group name, they don’t really know. In times like this, if I say HyunJoong hyung’s name, the taxi driver would go ‘ah~’, and recognizes. Ha Ha.
It is good that members are doing well but as a member of the group, I felt sorry that I am unable to keep up with the level of recognition. There is really only one aim for my album and drama this time.
It is for the public to ‘know Kim KyuJong’. That’s why I will be going other cities more often too. To let them listen more of my song."
(laugh)






PLEASE RE-POST WITH FULL CREDIT




From :star.mk.co.kr/new/view.php?mc=ST&no=653624&year=2011
Trans from Kor to CHN FIŽ—Í“V“° fromhttp://www.kimkyujong.com.cn
From CHN to Eng: slimz1808
Edited by xiaochu @ Quainte501.com

No comments:

Post a Comment