Tuesday, August 6, 2013

[Article] Kim Hyun Joong 김현중 Shares Skincare Must-Haves and Reveals Manly New Look


We caught up with Korean actor Kim Hyun Joong of Boys Over Flowers fame, and ambassador of The FaceShop, at the brand’s 10th anniversary party in Seoul, where he revealed his skincare must-haves and more.

Since portraying the character of Yoon Ji Hoo in K-drama Boys Over Flowers back in 2009, actor Kim Hyun Joong has been known to the world as the quintessential Prince Charming – the man of every girl’s dream.

But if you’ve always been a fan of his porcelain white skin, his “flower boy” image and his gentle and soft-spoken demeanour – his new image may throw you for a loop (well, in the best way possible).

If you’re a fan of his buff, toned physique that he showcased while promoting his last album Break Down, you will continue to be bowled over with his manliness.

Appearing on stage with the current batch of The FaceShop’s TOP Girls from around the region at the brand's 10th anniversary celebrations, Kim looked nothing like Yoon Ji Hoo, but greeted the media with a very cropped hair do, tanned skintone and buff physique.



One thing that was consistent though, was his megawatt smile.

Kim appeared to be in a jovial, light-hearted mood as he chatted with the media and updated us on his upcoming plans.

Q: Hi Hyun Joong, how you have been doing lately?
KHJ: I’ve been resting for a while but I’ve mostly been busy preparing for my next album too.

Q: It’s your second time gracing the TOP GIRL event by The FaceShop, how is it different from last year’s?
KHJ: Yes, it’s my second time attending the TOP GIRL event. Last year, it happened at Fradia, right on the river and this year it’s at this museum in Cheongdam. Like last year, the party looks just great and I’m so happy to be here especially when The FaceShop is celebrating its 10th anniversary with TOP GIRLS 2013.

Q: What is it like to meet the TOP GIRLS of 2013 in person?

KHJ:They look gorgeous like last year’s TOP GIRLS. I heard that there were more than 40,000 applicants this year, so it must have been really competitive. I can already feel their passion and enthusiasm just by looking at them!



Q: What do you think is the most attractive part of yourself?
KHJ: Unlike how I look, I am actually quite manly! [laughs] In fact, no matter how tight my schedule is, I always work out to keep in shape. And because of my upcoming album this month, I had my hair cropped shorter and this helped me to look even manlier.

Q: How do you feel to be the brand ambassador of The FaceShop (TFS)?
KHJ: I feel really honoured to represent and be the face of TFS. I feel really proud to be able to take part in many global promotions with TFS and being able to meet all my fans through it. It’s great to know that both TFS and I are growing together!
Q: As an actor, you always have to apply makeup in order to look good onscreen - do you use makeup when you’re not filming? If so, what are your must-have products?
KHJ: I don’t usually put on makeup when I am not shooting. I don’t like the feeling of my skin being clogged up by the makeup. But when I have outdoor shoots, I put on my favourite FACE it Power Perfection BB Cream which protects my skin from UV rays and covers up my skin imperfections. I heard that there is a men’s version of the CC cream which was just launched. I would like to try it soon!



Q: What are some of The FaceShop products that help you relax after a long day?
KHJ: When I’m really tired, I use sheet masks a lot - especially the lemon one. It brightens up and refreshes my skin. It smells really nice too! I also put on The Faceshop moisturisers before going to sleep too. My skin looks healthy and moisturised even until the next morning.

Q: What can you say about the TOP GIRLS? What qualities make them suitable to be the faces of The Face Shop?
KHJ: I think what T.O.P stand for do really fit the TOP GIRLS here. They all seem to be really talented, open-minded and passionate. They have gone through tough auditions to be here so I hope they can showcase their talent and pursue their dreams through The FaceShop.


Kim Hyun Joong with Singapore's TOP GIRL Sheena Phua


Q: There will be a photo shoot with all nine of the TOP GIRLS in a studio tomorrow. How do you feel about it?
KHJ: I’ve done countless photo shoots but it is still really exciting to work on a shoot with these nine TOP GIRLS. I hope that we will have a good time too! TOP GIRLS please do not eat too much tonight, or your faces might look swollen tomorrow. [Laughs]

Q: What are your future plans?

KHJ: As I will be releasing my new album soon, I’m focusing on the preparations, so please continue sending your love and support to me.


To commemorate The FaceShop’s 10th anniversary, look out for store promotions in October as well as a limited edition anniversary set comprising of The FaceShop’s best-selling and most iconic products - Face It Power Perfection BB, Natural Sun AQ Super White Sun Cream, Raspberry Root Line, Chia Seed Moisture Cream and the Rice Bright Water Cleansing line.



PLEASE RE-POST WITH FULL CREDIT


original post: herworldplus.com

No comments:

Post a Comment